Just a note...

I am determined to post some of my poetry, writings, and musings here in order to stimulate myself to write more and in order to share my writing with the communities around me. If you find something of value here and would like to use it, please ask permission and give attribution as everything here is my original work. Oh, and if you ever happen to collect money from what you find here, split it with me, okay? Thank you.

Monday, June 29, 2009

For Kathy

A sonnet for my love

In those moments, when your sweet eyes light up,
when laughter bubbles deep inside your throat,
your smile lies warm, like tea inside a cup.
You are ocean where I would drift and float.
If I begin to drown and flail about,
should ancient fears quick grab and hold my heart,
if I sink slow, my mind a sea of doubt,
then you’d be sail, my compass and my chart,
for I see starlight twinkling in your eyes,
a luminescent moon upon your lips,
I find my surface just above the lies,
your breath of love that time cannot eclipse.
Then still, should all the swirling currents shift,
deep in your love, I find God’s gracious gift.

1 comment:

Laelia Watt said...

This is so BEAUTIFUL! I love the images! wow!